The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

EF Academy Pasadena International High School Launches Free Bike Rental Program

In a move towards sustainable mobility, EF’s signature program Innovation & Impact, has given the green light to a project initiated by three residential students, Pedro, Kajsa, and Tilak The project involves the establishment of a free bike rental service that will facilitate a convenient transportation options for the school community.

Thanks to these three enterprising students, the bike rental program aims to address both environmental concerns and the need for accessible transportation within the school campus. By providing free access to bicycles, the initiative advocates for healthy living while reducing pollution in the world associated with transportation.

The student trio created an online platform accessible through their own website, allowing the whole EF community to easily reserve bikes according to their passes and preferences. With just a few clicks, students can reserve a bike for their commute, whether it’s exploring the campus surroundings, having dinner in a restaurant farther away, or just taking a bike ride and having fun with friends.

Moreover, to ensure the safety of students and the rental bikes and maintain order within the school’s boundaries, students under 18 years of age are required to get permission from their parents, before starting to ride the bikes. Once a student rents a bike, they have to check with a security guard at the front gate of the campus who will give the student permission to leave if there are no problems.

By embracing cycling as a sustainable mode of transportation, students learn the importance of reducing their carbon footprint and actively contributing to a cleaner, greener future.