The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

EF Hosts Second Annual Art Night

Ms. Somer, one of the important persons that makes the Art Night comes true. February 29th, 2024.

EF Academy’s second annual Art Night happened successfully on Thursday, February 29th, 2024, just before spring break. EF Academy peers, parents, and staff had a chance to enjoy the artworks of the EF students from all of the art forms that are available at the EF school. According to Ms. Somer, one of the school’s art teachers, “the show had at least 100 pieces of artwork from all the students in the art club and art classes.”

Ms. Somer highlighted, “We had graphite/charcoal, watercolor, polymer clay, portraits, figure drawings, ink drawings, acrylic paintings, oil paintings, etc… from 4 different classes, 2D/3D art, AP Art, and club. One of our students, Hazel, exhibited three of her paintings!”

Art works by art class and art club. February 29th, 2024. (Tiffany)

“I showcased three of my paintings, on the theme of How I Can Show Humanity Through Our Hands. I also performed some of my songs for the music department. It was a new experience for me to perform my songs to everyone,” Hazel said.

“I love the music here, especially Hazel’s, she is really good at it. I also liked the Descendant performance, it is one of my favorite movies so seeing it in real life made me really excited,” added Chimka.

The name of the show was Kaleidoscope; this name came from a student named Hiroyuki. EF believes it is important for students to take full creative control of events like Art Night.

Theater production team after successfully performed the Disney Descendants. February 29th, 2024. (Tiffany)

Students and faculty faced many challenges when making this event: “finding a place to organize the event, setting up really quickly and putting it down, it takes a long time to put up the artworks, and some more unexpected incidents,” Ms. Somer said. Despite all of the troubles, the best part of the show has to be everyone’s reaction to students’ artwork. Many of the students and parents were surprised by e what their classmates or their children were able to do.

Now that the Art Night is officially an EF academy’s annual event, many students are excited and looking forward to next year’s showcase.