The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

Pasadena Antique Warehouse: A Blast From The Past

Inside Of Pasadena Antique Warehouse

On 1609 East Washington Blvd on the corner between The George and Burrito Express lies a unique shop that will leave you stunned and regretting that you did not come in sooner. Pasadena Antique Warehouse is stunning. It has 2 rooms filled with antique items for collectors or anyone who has a hunger for something with a history behind it.

I stumbled in there by accident, just before closing hours. The nice owner kept the shop open and spoke with me until I was ready to leave, making a lasting impression as a genuine person. The shop itself is amazing, lots of old items from the 20th and 19th century and everything is on sale! But the store doesn’t just act as a store that sells rare old items, it is a multi-layered performing art exhibition space with its own art gallery. The venue is even capable of hosting events.

The performance stage in the warehouse. (Pasadena Antique Warehouse)

On its website, the warehouse clearly states its intention: “If you are looking for a large commercial antique auction house, we are not for you. If you want a smooth, hassle-free, reasonably priced transaction with personal service, you will appreciate working with us. We offer four internet auctions a year. All related services are included in our basic fee: research, authentication, generous and well-lit displays, professional photography, packaging, shipping.”

The store’s journey to being opened started with the owner’s passion for photography. “Ever since I can remember, my passion has been photography, and it was all I ever wanted to do. One cannot be a photographer and not be drawn to beautiful things; in my case, the beautiful things included antiques, and it was a natural fit that I would use my own art (photography) to help collectors document their prize collections. As much as I love photography, I could not resist the antiques’ siren call, and soon I was collecting, too.”

An old sewing machine, that is on sale in the store. (Pasadena Antique Warehouse)

But opening a warehouse of antique items isn’t so easy, so after enduring the 2012 bank crisis he finally opened doors in 2013. Being unable to finance the shop himself, he set himself up with a partner that already had experience in sales so the journey would go smoother at the start.

The items there are in the warehouse are things from paintings of European and Armenian painters, old technology and machinery, old collectible items and so so so much more. I cannot even list a percentage of the things there are.

Pasadena Antique Warehouse is open every weekend for all visitors but also hosts events on the weekdays. So check out the website linked below and see all of their upcoming events.