The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

Beach Volley Finishes Pre-Spring Break Season Strong

Daria serving during a game. February 15, 2024.

For the spring club season, the EF Academy offered a lot of different clubs, and one of them was girl’s athletic beach volleyball. It started two weeks ago, and the girls have already played two games against opposing schools during the last week. Unfortunately, they lost both matches but they showed great competition and sportsmanship during them. This week they played their third match against Nova at EF campus, on Tuesday, February 27th, and on Thursday an away game against Rolling Hills.

The game against Nova was successful since the girls won it hands down. For this game, the pairs that played were Noemie and Carmen, Stella and Avery, and Cecilia and Malu. They all played well, and they won all 3 sets. I asked Coach Jay, their coach what he thought about this game and he said “Nova Academy is a school similar to us where we both have our first athletic beach volleyball [season]. Our girls followed the game plan and executed it perfectly; they should be extremely proud of themselves and all the hard work they put into the season that far.” It was an important win for the team because it was their first one, showing that they are improving a lot through practice.

Daria and Malu after winning a point. February 15, 2024. (Copper Clark)

EF Girls’ Beach Volleyball followed this victory with another win on Thursday against Rolling Hills. This one was a challenging win, and the teams were always close. Carmen, a senior team member who played in this game said: “We won but it was close, it was a good game” The score ended up by 2 sets for our team and 2 sets for the other, but since the EF Girls won the first 2 sets they won the game.

Those two wins are a great way for the girls’ volleyball team to finish the pre-spring break season. Hopefully, the success provide the momentum they need to continue winning after spring break where they will still have three more games to play.