The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

Brawl Stars: 4 Buttons and A Lot of Fun

The loading game screen in 2019.

Brawl Stars is a popular multiplayer game that everyone from kids to the elderly can easily learn to play. Brawl Stars is the latest game to be released by Supercell, developer of popular games such as Clash of Clans(2012) and Clash Royal(2016). The game is free to download for both Android and iOS.

Brawl Stars is a third-person shooter where you can collect all kinds of brawlers (characters inside the game), modify them, and use them to play in different arenas. There is a variety of game modes that you can choose from, such as Showdown, Brawl Ball, or Knockout.

There will be 1~5 player on each team depending on the mode you are playing. As this is a multiplayer game, you can add your friends to your friends list and team up with them. If you find a player that you would like to play again with after being on the same team for a game, you can also send a friend request to that player. After adding your friends to your list in the game, you can also see your friends’ progress in addition to teaming up with them.

One other interesting aspect of Brawl Stars is that when you start a match the theme of the map is randomized. If you are a person who enjoys playing shooting games with friends but doesn’t want to see bloody scenes while playing, Brawl Stars cartoon-like characters might be the best choice for you. The brawler will even say funny phrases for laughs to soothe awkward situations if it dies or kills someone.

The Brawl Stars logo. (Courtesy of Supercell.)

There are no ads in the game, and although spending money in that game can help get better brawlers quicker, it is still a skill-based game, and you will need the skill to get trophies. Depending on the game mode you are playing and both teams’ skills, each match takes about 2~8 minutes to play, which is convenient if you just want to have a quick break from your work.

If you have a great idea for a map that you want to make, you also have the chance to publish your map to let others try it out. You can even choose which game modes you want your design to be available for.

Finally, the game is frequently updated, which also means there will be new brawlers and maps coming out regularly. From 2017 till now, the games changed a lot, including each brawler’s gadgets and the game’s reward system.

Generally speaking, Brawl Stars is a well-known game that requires only 4 simple buttons to play. With its fantasy-style brawlers and colorful arenas, Brawl Stars is a perfect fit for anyone who loves action games.