The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

1001 Things To Do on The Weekend at EF Academy

Carmen
Picture of the rollerblading track 12/02/2023

Every weekend on the EF Academy Campus, Miss Kaitlyn organizes different types of activities for the students to have fun outside the Campus, which they can find on the Orah application.

For Thanksgiving, EF students had a chance to enjoy a ride at Six Flags, and for Black Friday we had a shuttle to Melrose Avenue, a big shopping street in the center of Hollywood, Los Angeles. During the weekend of November 24th, we had an excursion to a Go Karting Center and a Hollywood city tour for the weekends.

This past Saturday, she organized a Night Roller Skating excursion at Moonlight Rollerway, where students could rollerskate with Glow in the Dark for 25$. Many students went and returned with positive feedback.

Picture of a wall of roller skates
December 2nd, 2023. (Carmen)
Picture of one of the places you are able to take food
December 2nd, 2023. (Carmen)

When I asked Carmen and James, two 12 grade students, what they thought about it, James told me, “It was so fun, we had such a good time, we were laughing all the time,” and Carmen added, “It made me want to buy roller skates to be able to do stroll after school or the weekend to clear my mind and have fun at the same time.”

Miss Kaitlyn has also prepared big excursions for after winter break, such as another Disney California Adventure Park trip because many students could not go last time. When I asked her what other trips she foresees, she told me “More beach trips are coming, but I still have to decide which ones”.

Some of those excursions were also offered last year, but that does not guarantee all of the past will be offered this year. These excursions are going to be offered again this year only if they were successful, such as the ski trip or the Senior Night. If an excursion is not well attended or doesn’t provide a positive student experience, new ones will be organized, to try to do the best for the students on the EF Academy Campus.