The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

Be Pilates Studio Seeks to Unlock your Mind-Body Connection

Entrance of the Be Pilates studio, on E Washington Street, November 3, 2023. Photo by Daria Kalinichenko.

Be Pilates Studio in Pasadena, California is a haven for individuals seeking mind-body connection and wellness through pilates classes of varying fitness levels. Founded by Ida Keshishyan, the studio is not just a place to exercise, it is a place where individuals can find solace and reconnect with their bodies.

The journey of Be Pilates began five and a half years ago when Ida, a former professional Pilates trainer, decided to open her first business. “Pilates, in its foundation, is all about the mind, body, and spirit connection,” explains Ida. “This philosophy is reflected in the name of the studio itself, ‘Be Pilates.’ The name holds a deeper meaning as it emphasizes the essence of being pilates inside,” instead of doing pilates. The main idea and philosophy of Be Pilates Studio revolve around finding a connection with one’s body.

Regardless of previous experience, everyone 16 years old and above is welcomed with open arms and given the support they need to thrive. “Just come and do what you can, don’t worry, have fun!” Ida remarks. At Be Pilates Pasadena, there are three levels of exercise that cater to individuals of varying fitness levels. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced client, the studio offers classes that are focused on your specific needs. Each session is designed to challenge and inspire, allowing individuals to unlock their full potential.

While the studio has a continuous flow of customers from the community, the arrival of EF Academy has not had a significant impact on their operations. In a gesture of goodwill, Be Pilates has announced a special offer to EF Academy students. Ida is more than willing to provide groups of students with a complimentary introductory training session. Eager to introduce them to the world of Pilates, Ida affirms, “We are definitely open, especially to young people!”

Location: Be Pilates Studio, 1393 E Washington Blvd, Pasadena, California