The International Changemaker

The Student News Site of EF Academy

The International Changemaker

The International Changemaker

Ski Trip Review

EF Students on top of the Big Bear Mountain. February 24, 2024.

On Saturday, February 24th, at 4:45 am, everybody who signed up for the ski trip gathered in front of Cena before departure. There were 2 hours of driving ahead of us but that didn’t seem to bother anyone.

The departure was spectacular with the sunrise coming from behind the mountains and the snow-covered streets made a magical effect.

Once we arrived around 8:30 am, we rented helmets, boots, and skis. We immersed ourselves in the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding landscapes. We decided to start our ski adventure on the easy and well-marked slopes of the area to get acquainted with the rented skis and to warm up safely before facing the black-difficulty slopes.

EF Students prepare before skiing down the slope. February, 24, 2024. (Piermatteo Di Paola)

After warming up, we had about four hours on the slopes, including green, blue, black, and a bit of freestyle for those who were capable. We stopped down in front of the ski rental to use the voucher offered by the school to have lunch together and share our impressions about this first round of ski/snowboarding.

After lunch, we immediately returned to the top of the mountain to make the most of our remaining time. After another three hours on the slopes, we made our way down for the second time at about 3:30 pm to return the rented equipment and board the bus to return to the campus.

Overall, it was a very fun day, and between laughter, falls, and descents, this trip passed in the blink of an eye. I recommend this experience to everyone, because you spend time with your friends with total independence, and because it will remain in your memories always.